Prayer-Walking Evenings #12 and #13


April 6 was a special prayer-walking night because it was Sophia's last time with us before moving back to her home country of Norway! Sophia, we miss you, but I have great expectations that God has really good plans for you. (We took a selfie there in that particular spot because the sign, which is bleached out in the photo, said "JOY!")

That night was sweet, and we ended it with all of us in my car in the parking lot of a convenience store, singing "Bind Us Together" as they sing at Bridget's Kenyan church at the end of each service.

Sophia and I had prayed for someone to join me in prayer walking after she left, and Bridget and Nikka are game!

The next Saturday night, April 13, Bridget and I went together (Nikka was exhausted from standing up at work all day), and again ended the evening by singing "Bind Us Together." I really felt like the Lord was binding us together for this work of prayer and light-bringing to dark places.

On April 20, we hosted Bridget and Nikka for dinner at our house and took a break from the prayer walking. The next Saturday after that we were already into Golden Week, so we will probably start up again in a week or two. Nikka is also in the Philippines for a couple weeks after her grandmother unexpectedly passed away. Please join me in praying for her family.

And I'm looking forward to walking again, though it's been a nice break. I'm praying not just for folks caught up in human trafficking, but also for the chains of animism and darkness to be broken in the Shinto rituals surrounding the ascension of the new emperor of Japan this week. God bless Japan and the world!




Comments

  1. Praise Papa for raising up not only one, but two prayer-walking partners!!!!! Will be praying with you for these chains to be broken in Japan through Jesus' power!! Carry on, my sisters, as He leads you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment