Prayer-Walking Evening #24

On a hike with my family yesterday afternoon, I stopped a moment to ponder the beauty of these daffodils and to think this thought: God doesn't ever speak harshly to these flowers. How much more does he love us and care for us tenderly? Shouldn't I also speak nicely to myself?


And that was a lovely transition into our prayer walking last night and praying for those trapped by others and maybe trapped in their own thoughts and in the lies of the enemy as well. The more I do this prayer walking the more I realize I'm praying for myself too--that I would truly know God's freedom (especially from beating myself up in my own thoughts).

We had a great bunch: Yuki, Nikka, and Maeva came along! 



In the Katamachi entertainment and shopping district, Yuki found a piano to play for us and for many others walking by who stopped to listen and admire her talent.


As we got into the grit of the walk, we saw a brightly-lit truck driving around and advertising for women ("Girls Heaven") to work for them: 


And a sign saying the women will get a "high salary" if they come work for that company (we know what kind of work they mean):


If you look at that bar in the back, the sign says "Welcome to Bar Lust." I guess at least they are honest about that.


One of the main roads we pray on: Chuo Dori (Central Road). 


We spent a long time in front of Club Universe, the one that advertises that they have foreign women: Romanian, Russian, Thai, Filipino, and more. And I think for the first time, I prayed JOY over the area. Not only chains will be broken, but God's Spirit of joy will rise up. Another of our group prayed that it would be a place of God-worship. And so we did! We sang and prayed and worshiped the one who already owns this area. 

Comments